About The Vintage Port Shop
The Vintage Port Shop is an independent, family run business dedicated to selling the best fortified wines in the world. We have an extensive cellar holding over 10,000 bottles of port wine covering all of the great vintages and shippers. All of our stock is our own and is available for immediate delivery.
Our cellars are located in the historic town of Fordingbridge, Hampshire. From here we are able to ship our wines anywhere within the UK, Europe and to over 40 countries around the world.
Our Commitment | Vintage Port Shop
Our business reputation is built on returning customers and referrals. All of our management and sales staff are trained and qualified by the Wines and Spirits Education Trust and many are considered leading experts in Fortified Wines - Our aim is to share our knowledge and experience with you so that you will have an amazing experience from tasting these fabulous and unique wines.
- Your fortified wines come with a FREE personal message, tasting notes, year description and serving advice (enter your message at the checkout).
- All of our fortified wines are advertised with a photograph and a condition report so you can see what you are buying - where there are multiple bottles or we are in the process of you can contact us to request photographs of the exact bottle.
- Our wines are sourced from the best possible provenance and are stored in perfect cellaring conditions.
- Our minimum order quantity is just one bottle. Many direct retailers only offer wine by the case or a minimum order value.
- We offer a range of gift boxes. We understand that not everybody wants a gift box so we offer a competitive price for the wine dor port. For those that do wish to purchase a gift box we offer a wide range to personalise your gift - rather than just one option.
Three Month Total Satisfaction Guarantee
Fortified wines by there very nature are built to last decades and historically we have had very few issues. We always seek to stock only good condition bottles from a known provenance that have been stored well throughout their life. However, there will always be a small risk that the wine may be faulty and we want to remove this risk for you by guaranteeing your purchase for three months.
- We offer a three month total satisfaction guarantee on our port wines (unless clearly indicated in description - see Terms for details). If your wine is found to be faulty within three months of delivery we will replace the bottle or generate a credit note for you to spend on any wine of your choice.
- If for any reason you want to return your unopened purchase within 3 months in its original condition, we offer a no quibble refund policy.
- Please note that corks are not covered by our guarantee. Soft corks are normal for a wine of some age and may break-up on extraction particularly with a standard corkscrew. We recommend filtering the wine to remove any pieces - this will not affect the quality of the liquid.
We always strive to offer an unsurpassed level of service. If you are happy with our service please tell others. If you are even slightly unhappy please tell us. We are always interested to hear how we might be able to improve - so please contact us with any suggestions or advice.